Paige and Raiden

Paige and Raiden
7 months and 12 weeks

Saturday, August 28, 2010

You can't have just one...

I got my first Great Dane, Paige, 4 months ago. She is my BIG baby girl. She my perfect angel. I didn't understand what people ment when they said "you can't have just one dane. You fall in love with them and you just have to have another one." They were right.

My fiance and I got Paige when she was 3 months old. She is now 7 months old and we recently got the dane itch again. We brought home Raiden last week. He is 12 weeks old. While Paige is your typical couch potato lovable great dane..... Raiden brings something very special to our home. Raiden is deaf.  The breeders we got him from were bad backyard breeders and bred Great Danes just to see what colors they could make. It was awful. Because Raiden was born deaf the breeders wanted to "get rid" of him. We wanted to save him, and I think we did.



Paige has already gone through training class for basic commands, and we are planning on teaching sign language to raiden as he grows. It will be a very great adventure and I wanted to share my danes and their adventures with everyone else. If you have a dane, you know  how much they take over your heart, and you know even the most simplest things remind you of them and you can't control yourself from bringing them up in almost every conversation. This blog is about my danes and their people. I hop eyou enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment